Here’s what I’ve been doing this week and why I have been AWOL
- potty-training Bubba. This is no easy feat. It involves hysterics, lots of silly books, Smarties, peppermints, a Cars toilet seat, essential oils, a remote control dump truck, stickers, prayer, Gatorade, and tag-teaming with big sister Elizabeth. I could write a series about this if it’s a success. So far, he’s peed in the toilet 3 times today. We won’t talk about the misses.
- Reviews Reviews Reviews…I am on the Schoolhouse Review Crew and I am rather swamped right now with all the fun activities we get to try. As I snap picture after picture of my darling kiddos using said fun things, I realize I have virtually nothing left over with which to write a current blog post. But I have some amazing stuff to show you starting next week!
- We’ve been sick. I am just now feeling the upswing of this cold that has been knocking me back for about two weeks. I can’t imagine the magnitude of what could have been if I had not slathered myself and the family with essential oils. Raven, RC, Frankincense, Myrrh, Peppermint…we smell yummy.
- Bible Study. I am participating in Hello Mornings. Being sick hasn’t helped, but I have diligently jumped out of my bed earlier than the kids every weekday morning since I began. I know my attitude is better and I’ve made breakfast every morning which helps everyone. My goal is to start including an exercise routine when my body is fully well again. I have been reading Abounding Hope from the Hello Mornings team as well as Soul Detox on YouVersion Bible app. I am also going through Beth Moore’s Breaking Free, which my mentor recommended.
- I have no other real excuses. We’ve been in survival mode. I haven’t been motivated to write about anything remotely optimistic due to the above issues.