I thought it would be fun to do a Music Study with Doctor Who. The kids certainly agreed so we set to researching together.
50 years of great music. 11 (or 12) doctors representing decades (or millions of years) of history.
Check out this performance, complete with video clips. LOVE!
I also love this series of shorts about the original composers of sci-fi music: The Alchemists of Sound – about Radiophonic Workshop – The history of science fiction program music! So full of win.
Study with Your Doctor:
King Crimson (I saw them perform at a tiny club in the ’90s! It was epic.) – get their CD on Amazon
Emerson Lakes and Palmer – download a great album on iTunes
5th Doctor: ’20s music – Learn how to dance the Charleston!
6th Doctor: Fun ’60s music and beach tunes
Wagner – Amazon or iTunes
- Big Band, especially Glenn Miller – and practice swing dancing! Amazon or iTunes
- David Bowie – Amazon or iTunes
- Rick Astley – Amazon or iTunes
11th Doctor: Such a fun way to study the greatness of classic bands and artists:
For the ultimate Doctor Who music fan:
Notebooking options – some free and some not:
- Notebooking Fairy
- SQUILT music appreciation curriculum
- Notebooking Pages
- Harmony Fine Arts Music and Art Curriculum
- Homeschool Notebooking Composer Pages
- Practical Pages Music Appreciation Worksheets
- That Resource Site Composer Notebooking Pages
- Music Lapbooking from Homeschool Share
- 123Homeschool4Me Music Lapbook
- Orchestra lapbooking and notebooking from Homeschool Helper
- Homeschool in the Woods composers lapbook
AND…Look what I made for you!
Doctor Who Music Notebooking Pages – with a T.A.R.D.I.S.! FREE. Click to download. You’re welcome.
So, like the good homeschool mama I am, I asked my kids the other day: what do you want to be when you grow up?
The Doctor’s Companions.
For the win.
Check out my other cross-curricular unit study here.
Linking up: The Life of Jennifer Dawn, Crystal and Co, Happy and Blessed Home, 123Homeschool4Me, Sun Scholars, Frugal Homeschool Family, Blessed Beyond a Doubt, Kathy’s Cluttered Mind, Teach Beside Me, Crafty Moms Share, No Time for Flash Cards, Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas, Living and Learning at Home
While We're on the Subject